Three Wednesday afternoons of collage and assemblage. Through painting and drawing/stenciling, students will create their own papers for use in collage. They will add found 2-D materials to create several flat compositions, and finally assemble some of their materials into 3-D works.
Day 1: Creating and finding the materials- Instructions on color choices. Paint swatches of color on paper - let dry.
- Sketch thumbnails of possible patterns to add to some of the colored papers, and/or choose stencils (provided by instructor) to apply.
- Add images to some of colored paper as desired.
- Select some additional flat materials provided by instructor, if desired.
Day 2: Putting the materials together- Instruction on gluing and composition.
- Create several flat compositions related in color and imagery, using materials created in Day 1 plus some found materials provided by instructor or student.
Day 3: Taking your collages to the next level - assemblage- Assemble your collages in a box or old book (brought from home or provided by instructor).
- Add found objects (from home or provided by instructor.
Fees: Members $140; non-members $155; plus $15 materials fee paid to instructor
Where: Marin Museum of Contemporary Art, 781 Hamilton Parkway, Novato (behind Beso Cafe)BACK TO CLASSES
If you would like to register for Paint, Paste + Build please complete the form below.
Enrolling online is quick and easy:
Cancellation Policy: Fees are due at time of registration. You may cancel up to one (1) week prior to start of class/workshop and the fee, less $25 for processing, will be refunded to you. Should MarinMOCA cancel a class/workshop, you will receive a full refund.
Should you cancel less than one (1) week prior to a class or workshop begins, you will not receive a refund of any portion of your registration fee. There are no refunds for individual classes that are missed within a monthly series.